Sai Sishya International School (SSIS)
Sai Sishya International School (SSIS) is established as a private school situated in Edogawa Ku. The mission of SSIS is to educate students based on principle of strong teacher-student bonding. Our namesake, Sai, was a great teacher who lived in India in late nineteenth century and early twentieth century. His teachings were based on a moral code of love, devotion, contentment. Sishya, in Sanskrit, means ardent disciple.
In Japanese, combination of Sai (最- superlative or the best), Shi(師 – expert, teacher), shi (資- resources), ya (屋 – roof) stands for “The best teachers and resources under one roof.”
We are an IB World School for PYP. We are an accredited member of IPC – International Preschool Curriculum and TAIP – Tokyo Association of International Preschools.
The culture of a school affects the quality of teaching, the depth of learning, and the relationships we develop among educators, students, and parents. When students feel safe and connected to their teachers and peers, they are able to achieve extraordinary academic and social learning. When educators develop trust and shared purpose, staff learning and problem-solving is improved. When parents know their children are safe, and feel personally welcomed and respected, support for the school improves and parent learning is possible.
The vision of SSIS :
- Our vision is to integrate modern scientific methods with ancient philosophy taught by highly qualified teachers at an affordable price for students of this generation to become life-long learners.
The Mission of SSIS:
As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for PYP School, Sai Sishya International School embraces the IB Mission Statement:
We believe that our SSIS philosophy as well as our own mission statement closely reflects the beliefs of the IB mission statement as both promote helping children become active learners who have an understanding of different cultures and who can contribute in creating a better and more peaceful world.
One of the principal goals at SSIS is to instill intrinsic motivation and responsibility in each child so that each one can become a well-rounded individual who excels in his/her chosen pursuits. Our goal is to create responsible global citizens that are able to embrace and demonstrate a deep understanding of the qualities expressed in the IB learner profiles – inquiers, knowledgeable, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Furthermore, the following statements guide us in all decisions
- Students are not discriminated based on gender, race, or nationality
- Every child becomes proficient in English over time
- The native language is celebrated
- All subjects are connected and collaboration is encouraged
- The curriculum will go through appropriate changes when necessary to ensure that current evidence based practice is incorporated into the teaching and learning experience
- Multiple viewpoints are considered
- Students develop self-respect, self-motivation and a positive self-image as well as a positive attitude towards school
- IB PYP Authorization is a primary goal
- Tuition is reasonable and teaching quality high
Recommendations which may help the school better fulfill its mission are always welcome.